If you have purchased an item from Barnes and Noble’s online or offline stores and are facing an issue with the same, this post about the Barnes and Noble Return Policy guidelines might be of great help to you. This post is meant to give you accurate information regarding the return policies and refund policies of Barnes and Noble.
If you are not a regular customer, you might need some assistance with the process of returning an item (if you want to) that you purchased from Barnes and Noble. www.barnesandnoble.com It is important that you know the Barnes and Noble Return and Refund Guidelines when you are applying for the same.
For all the information on the means to return a Barnes and Noble product, the steps you should be following while returning a Barnes and Noble product, and the quality check of the products being returned is mentioned in this Barnes and Noble Return Policy Help post.
Barnes and Noble Return Policy
Barnes and Noble assures that you get the item you ordered for in the best quality. But if by chance you do receive a defective or a faulty item, please follow the post. This post will help you apply for a return and get a refund for the product if it is acceptable.
You must go through the post thoroughly before applying for a return or a refund with Barnes and Noble. This is because return and refunds will only be processed for the items that are returned using the appropriate method. The returned item must be in its original form as received by the customer. Also, if you fail to return the product before the timeframe mentioned for the return, you will not be able to get a refund or return the product to Barnes and Noble. Following are the two ways you can return the product:
- Deliver the package to our address.
- Return the product to our store.
Please feel free to check out the official website for the return and refund policy: www.barnesandnoble.com.
Barnes and Noble Return Policy Rules
A full refund in the original form of payment will be issued from any Barnes & Noble Booksellers store with a sales receipt or B&N packing slip; for returns of new and unread books, and unopen and undamaged music CDs, DVDs, vinyl records, electronics, toys/games, and audiobooks made within 30 days of purchase from a Barnes and Noble Bookseller store or Barnes&Noble.com with below exceptions:
- Undamaged Nook devices purchased from any B&N booksellers store or B&N.com may be returned within 14 days when accompanied by a sales receipt or with a B&N.com packing slip, or may be exchanged within 60 days with a gift receipt. Returns will automatically appear on your sales reporting and be deducted from your next payment.
- A consumer credit will be issued for the purchase payment
- When a gift receipt is presented within 60 days of purchase.
- For all textbook returns and exchanges.
- When the original tender is PayPal.
- For products purchased at B&N college bookstores that are listed for sale in the B&N booksellers inventory management system.
- Items purchased as a part of a Buy One, Get One or Buy Two, Get Third Free offer are available for exchange only, unless all items purchased as a part of the offer are returned, in which case such items are available for a refund (within 30 days). Exchanges of the items sold at no cost are available only for items of equal or lesser value than the original cost of such item.
- Opened music CDs, DVDs, vinyl records, electronics, toys/games, and audiobooks may not be returned, and can be exchange only for some product and only if defective. Nooks purchased from other retailers or sellers are returnable only to the retailer or seller from which they have been purchased pursuant to such retailer or seller’s return policy. Newspapers, e-books, magazines, digital downloads, and used books aren’t returnable or exchangeable. Defective Nooks could also be exchanged at the shop in accordance with the applicable warranty.
- Exchanges or returns will be prohibited
- After 30 days or without receipt.
- For product not carried by Barnes and Noble.
- For purchases made with a check less than 7 days prior to the date of return.
- GIFT CARD POLICY: Gift Cards can be used at any B&N store nationwide or on B&N.com. If lost or stolen, B&N cards will not be replaced. These cards are not exchangeable for cash except where required by law.
- Due to the high individualization nature of the orders, B&N Press does not offer exchanges or returns for such prints. Please pay close attention when you are approving your proof online.
- Downloaded purchases and NOOK devices(like downloadable PDFs, gift cards, and shrink-wrapped items that have been opened) are not returnable. However, if you are having compatibility or quality issues with your content, please contact B&N for assistance.
- Bulk orders of 50 or 50+ copies are also non-returnable.
How to return purchased item from Barnes and Noble
If you are not satisfied with the product, you must file for a return within 30 days of purchase. Within 30 days, the refund will be initiated and provided. All returned items must be in their original state; shrink-wrapped products must be unopened. Shipping fees will not be reimbursed, if any.
If your mode of payment was PayPal, the store will provide you with a B&N Gift Card or in-store credit. Barnes and Noble offers its customers different ways to return a defective or a faulty item delivered to them. The methods are explained below.
- Returning item bought from B&N.com:
The packing slip in the customer’s shipment has specific instructions for returns. A pre-printed label is also provided with the Returns Department Address. If a packing slip is not available, customer must print out the Shipping Confirmation email received after the item was shipped. The printout must be kept in the box, the Order Number must be written on the outside of the box and sent to:
Barnes and Noble
1 Barnes and Noble Way
Monroe Township, NJ 08831
You can also take your item and packing slip (or print out of your shipping confirmation email or the original form of payment) to any Barnes and Noble store to return it.
- Returning item bought from B&N store:
To return an item within 30 days of purchase, simply submit the item and cash register receipt to the local B&N store for a refund to your original form of payment. You can always contact the local store for further details or queries.
- Returning item with gift receipt:
When a gift receipt is presented to B&N within 60 days of purchase, a store-credit or B&N Gift Card will be issued for the purchase price to the customer.
If you are returning a gifted item that was purchased on B&N.com, please go through the packing slip in your shipment. All specific instructions for returns are include there.
- Returning a NOOK Audiobook:
Please call Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665): if you have any kind of compatibility or quality issues with a NOOK Audiobooks purchase.
Dial 201-559-3882, if you are calling from outside the US.
You may also chat with B&N on their official website. www.barnesandnoble.com
- Returning Nook devices:
With either of the following options, you can return NOOK devices in 14 days of purchase:
- Call 1-800-THE-BOOK (843-2665) for a return authorization,
- Return it to a Barnes & Noble store.
Advice for you
For quick returns, the best option is offline returns. Please check all the details and packaging contents while returning a package. If anything is misplaced, your refund will not be generated. Barnes and Nobel will not be responsible for your information and packaging.
We hope that this post served its purpose and helped you through your task of returning an item from Barnes and Noble. If you need to know more about the return and refund policies at Barnes and Noble, please visit their official website. For more such posts.